Call for Papers
The Center for Women’s Empowerment and Gender Equality (CWEGE), Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, India, and Systems Innovation (Mumbai Hub), are inviting papers from academics, policymakers and practitioners on system thinking for women’s empowerment to be presented and published in the proceedings of the International Conference on Advancing Women’s Empowerment through Systems Model Expansion (AWESOME Conference), March 3rd-5th, 2022 (online event).
Deadline for Abstract Submission
The World Economic Forum’s 2021 Global Gender Gap Report estimates that the gender gap worldwide has grown over the past 12 months from 99.5 years (estimated in 2020) to 136 years. The COVID-19 pandemic has exacerbated many of the issues that contribute to women’s inequality, and highlighted their precarious position in the event of disasters. However, gender inequality is an ongoing issue that requires creative, holistic, and systemic approaches. The International AWESOME Conference aims to hold a premier interdisciplinary platform to address gender equality. The conference invites thinkers, researchers, practitioners, educators, and innovators from complex systems thinking, women and gender studies, technology innovation, and related fields to present, discuss and exchange ideas and perspectives of the potential of complexity science, system thinking, and innovation for women’s empowerment and gendered interventions. The conference seeks contributions around the most recent innovations, trends, concerns, and best practice solutions adopted to address practical challenges and improve women’s resilience.
The conference will welcome topics under the following themes
Track I: Theory
- Theoretical approaches and frameworks that incorporate systems thinking and holistic methods and models for women’s empowerment and gender equality (WE&GE)
Track II: Applied research, project findings, and evidence-based practices
- Applications of systems thinking to WE&GE
- Computational social sciences, simulation, machine learning algorithms for WE&GE
- Technological innovations for WE&GE
- Impact evaluation studies
Track III: Capacity building, Training, and Panel discussions
- Practice focused workshops
- Tutorial sessions
- Presentation of open-source tools and curriculum
All abstracts submitted to the AWESOME International Conference will be published online. Papers accepted for the AWESOME Conference after a peer review process will be published in the Conference proceedings, subject to author registration. We will try to ensure that the published conference proceedings are Scopus indexed.
- October 22, 2021: Call for Papers issued
- December 19th, 2021 (11:59 PM IST): Deadline for submitting abstract papers and workshop or tutorial sessions proposals
- January 7th, 2022: Paper Acceptance notification
- December 29th, 2012: Paper Guidelines issued
- February 7th, 2022 (11:59 PM IST): Final Submission of full Papers, Workshops and Tutorial agendas
- March 3rd-5th, 2022: 3-day Virtual Conference (held from India)
Academics, policymakers, and practitioners interested in participating in the conference should submit a 300-word abstract (papers, workshop or tutorial sessions) through the online form provided below. Submissions must be original and should not have been published previously or be under consideration for any other publication while being evaluated for this conference.
Queries or questions can be sent to: email@example.com.