Tailoring Workshop by SME to the Instructional Design team of the E-content development team
1 February to 1 March 2016
Resource Person: Mrs. Bindu, 20 years tailoring teaching experience in tribal communities, 6 years tailoring teaching experience in polytechnic.
- Ana Natalie Kriester (Aparna) (Certified master tailor, Germany)
- Anila Suresh(Instructional Designer , Ammachi Labs)
- Bri. Arati (Instructional Designer, Ammachi Labs)
- Ajay Balakrishnan (Content Development Lead, Ammachi Labs)
- Bri. Sheeja (Zonal Lead)
Objectives: The overall goal of this workshop is to finalize the script and techniques for the ladies & children’s products for tailoring, to support the filming all the procedures in the month of Jan , Feb 2016 and its release to the villages.
Some of the specific objectives are:
- Review and finalize ladies, children’s garments procedures
- Document the key vocational outcomes of tailoring course
- Document how to run a tailoring batch & its requirements
- Document strategy for assessment, quality assurance of products
- Document center setup details
The exchanges between Aparna (certified master tailor), Bindu teacher and AMMACHI Labs IDs will ensure the products are taught at a level that is understandable by low literate population and at the same time maintaining a high quality level.
- Identification of Products for the three phases of Tailoring course.
- High level organization of the training course
- Discussed vocational outcomes such as craftsmanship, business-like attitudes, functional literacy and resourcefulness.
- Finalized the hand stitches required for tailoring.
- Finalized the teaching aids required at a tailoring center.
- Decided the books to be maintained by students at the center.
- Finalised the training methodology for teaching each product.
- Discussed how to conduct assessments and evaluations for the students at the end of the course.
- Discussed how to ensure the quality of the finished products.
- Decided the peer and group activities to be conducted as part of the training.
- Discussed some common errors and mistakes committed by students .
- Discussed some commonly asked questions in examinations.
Conclusion: The exchanges between Aparna (certified master tailor), Bindu teacher and AMMACHI Labs IDs will ensure the products are taught at a level that is understandable by low literate population and at the same time maintaining a high quality level.
Share this Post